The Business and Education Network (B.E.N.) is seeking to fill the position of Executive Director to lead the organization in directing and implementing the Commerce Lexington Workforce Development Program throughout the greater Lexington Kentucky area.
The Executive Director is responsible for creating, organizing, and managing workforce development initiatives that positively effect(s) job creation and workforce skill development. The Director will also work closely with B.E.N. board members, area educational officials, and public/private sector leaders.
This position requires strong leadership (management) skills, a high-level motivation (initiative), excellent communication (written and verbal), facilitation and team building skills. In addition, the successful candidate will possess (the equivalent or higher) an undergraduate degree, minimum five years of workforce, economic development and/or community development experience. Annual compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Interested candidates may apply by sending an introductory letter and resume to: Cindy Brandenburg -
Attn: (Cindy) B.E.N. Executive Search Committee
330 E. Main Street, Suite 205
Lexington, Kentucky 40507-1525
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelor degree in relevant field required (Master degree preferred). However, work experience demonstrating significant and documentable successful workforce and/or economic development experience can substitute for educational attainment.
Executive Director for Engineering Organizations
Kentucky Society of Professional Engineers (KSPE) and the
American Council of Engineering Companies of Kentucky (ACEC-KY)
are pleased to invite applications for the position of Executive Director.
By May 24, submit a maximum two page resume focused on job requirements to: KEC@kyengcenter.org.
The Executive Director has CEO responsibilities for three separate Engineering organizations. While many KY Engineers are members of all three and some committees are operated jointly, the organizations have separate boards, programs and objectives. The success of the programs for KY Engineers is dependent upon the close, integrated operation of all three organizations.
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Administration/Management, Organizational Development, Political Science, Pre-Law, or Engineering, or equivalent skills gained through experience. Training and/or experience in current business office technology and operations.
Association Management, Business Management, and supervision of support staff (minimum of 7 years). Knowledge and experience of Kentucky State Government (both Executive and Legislative Branches), continuing education programs, public relations, communications and publications.
The Executive Director is directly responsible to the KSPE and ACEC-KY Boards of Directors for achievement of the Association’s strategic intent and its effective and efficient operations. (S)he supervises KSPE/ACEC-KY employees and administers the Association’s financial, operational, and programmatic systems. The Executive Director represents and advocates the Association’s positions with legislators, government agencies, other engineering and design professions, and others. The Executive Director develops and recommends Association policy and management systems to the Coordinating Committee and Boards of Directors, and executes approved policies and management procedures.
1. Provides oversight, management and administration in the development and ongoing operations of KSPE, ACEC-KY and KEF in order to accomplish its strategic goals and objectives, consistent with KSPE, ACEC-KY and KEF’s purpose and mission.
2. Monitors, advises and represents KSPE and ACEC-KY regarding State legislation and regulatory action. Reviews and analyzes pertinent issues and recommends positions to the KSPE and ACEC-KY Coordinating Committee and Boards.
3. Provides oversight for all programmatic services in support of KSPE, ACEC-KY and KEF officers within the available office resources. Represents the state organizations at the national and Chapter levels.
4. The Executive Director shall be responsible for staffing the KSPE, ACEC-KY offices, subject to budget constraints, and will provide supervision for office staff to perform normal business functions of KSPE, ACEC-KY and KEF including: Administration, financial services, membership services, education programs, supplier relations, communications, publications, legislative/regulatory programs and reporting, and other programs as may be relevant to the mission.
po posted 5-1-13
Kentuckians for Better Transportation (KBT) Board of Directors invites applications for President. Click HERE for detailed information
KBT provides education and advocacy for all modes of transportation uniting leaders of state and federal government, business, education and citizens to achieve safe, sustainable transportation systems, promote economic development and quality of life in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Formed in 1977, KBT is a proven leader in safety and education through advocacy initiatives for all transportation modes at the State and Federal level. As a member-based association, KBT represents a diverse group of organizations and individuals, supporting five major modes of transportation which focus on Aviation, Highways, Public Transit, Railroads and Waterway systems.
The KBT office is currently located at 9300 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY.
Individuals seeking the position of President of KBT should be an accomplished, results-driven executive who has exceptional leadership, strong interpersonal, creative, writing, and communication skills. Candidates should have a proven track record which will build collaborative relationships with individuals of all types, including but not limited to the KBT Board, its member base, state and federal government, the business community and public leaders. Individuals with a knowledge of all modes of transportation within the Commonwealth, their importance to economic development and quality of life is preferred. Candidates should have experience in decision making which will promote the overall mission and goals of KBT.
Project Manager – Agentis Management, Inc.
Agentis Management, a specialized association management company, helps associations transcend today's challenging business environment. Agentis delivers enhanced operational performance for professional organizations so that their members can enjoy the freedom to associate. Agentis is an AMC Institute accredited association management company located in Lexington, Kentucky.
Agentis Management is currently seeking applicants for the position of Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for managing client projects, executing client deliverables, scheduling conference calls, recording minutes, producing meeting summaries, producing related content including press releases, project summaries and marketing materials. The project manager will be assigned as primary staff contact on client committees and task forces.
Requirements - The ideal candidate will possess:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including appropriate telephone etiquette, ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
· Proven organizational skills; flexibility; ability to manage multiple projects in conjunction with normal job activities with little supervision.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional software package, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Experience with conference faculty management and continuing education processes strongly desired.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Minimum of 2 years of experience with non-profit trade association, professional society or association management company
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to: Brian Doty, Executive Vice-President/COO, Agentis Management, Inc. via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Association Executive will be focused on developing and implementing member-centric programs while increasing professional and ethical standards, and continuing education programs. Additionally, the AE will plan for, and travel to local, state and national conferences, representing Kentucky, as well as preparing for and attending all Board meetings. The AE additionally manages the execution of the decisions made by the BOD and delegate body, is liaison to the National Association of Realtors and drives legislative advocacy. The successful candidate will ideally have experience in Real Estate Association Management, while possessing demonstrated ability in public speaking/communications skills, employee leadership and fiscal management skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree (or combination of education and directly related Association experience).
- Association Management, preferably in Real Estate preferred
- CAE and/or RCE certification a plus
- Strong, confident communication skills and ability to work with diverse membership and Board
- Solid implementation skills, organizational and multi-tasking ability, while meeting goals/objectives
- Excellent demonstrated people skills and experienced leading and mentoring professional employees, plus associated HR responsibilities
- Sound fiscal management, including budgeting, P&L, and being pro-active to income sources for Association
- Skilled in political Advocacy, lobbying, governmental affairs
- Able to skillfully plan for and attend local, State and National meetings
Demonstrated management skills, including but not limited to time management, project implementation, advocacy, logistics, and new technologies with an eye to the future
The Kentucky Association of REALTORS-KAR is seeking an Association Executive to head our state wide organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the State Association Executive will lead the over 8,600 member organization while proficiently managing a 6-10 member professional staff located in beautiful Lexington, KY.
April 17, 2013
Nonprofit Organization Management, Real Estate, Government Relations
5443314 - LinkedIn
MUSSELMAN HOTELS, LLC
DIRECTOR OF SALES
Scope and General Purpose:
Plans and administers sales policies and programs to foster and promote hotel patronage, contacts representatives of government, business, associations, and social groups to solicit business for the hotel by performing the following duties.
Responsible to: General Manager
- Consult newspapers, trade journals, and other publications to learn about contemplated conventions and social functions.
- Organizes prospect files by listing information, such as names of officials and leads for conventions, to be used for promotional purposes.
- Directs workers engaged in preparing promotional correspondence with travel bureaus, business and social groups.
- Confers with department heads to discuss and formulate plans for soliciting business.
- Contacts representatives of organizations and businesses to explain services and facilities offered by hotel and to solicit their business.
- Supervises and trains service representatives in sales-related issues.
- Calls on prospects to solicit business, analyzes requirements of function, outlines available hotel facilities and services offered, and quotes prices.
- Confers with customer and hotel department heads to plan function details such as space and need for additional equipment.
- Assists in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and executes action steps to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Helps manage marketing budget.
- Plans and oversees execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade shows, direct mail, point of purchase displays, and signage.
- Manages development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and mark
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Have the ability to analyze market trends and STR Reports
- Implement effective strategies to increase hotels' market share
- Identify and develop the hotels' client list
- Meet and exceed weekly sales solicitation and booking goals
- Participate in the hotels' forecasting and budgeting process
- Active participation in the hotels' sales strategy meetings
- Participation in the hotels' RFP process through Marriott and engage with the Marriott National Sales Team.
- Scouting for and recruiting new locally negotiated accounts
- Responsible for Corporate and SMERF Group Bookings
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed with strong initiative and desire for achievement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Must be able to "Close the Deal"
- Must be a leader, driver, and bottom-line oriented
- Poses a working knowledge of hotel computer systems as well as exceptional computer skills. Marriott FOSSE experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years hotel sales experience required
- Must have sales knowledge of limited service and extended stay hotels
Residence Inn by Marriott- Lexington South
2688 Pink Pigeon Pkwy.
Lexington, KY 40509